Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Maddisyn's 6th Birthday



Maddisyn would have been 6 years old! It's so hard to believe that 6 years ago our lives were turned upside down and forever changed. You never think that something like that will ever happen to you. She touched the lives of everyone around her. We were so blessed to have 7 days with her here on earth. She was not even suppose to make it through the first night that she was born, but she was a fighter and determined to give us that time that we needed with her. I didn't get to hold her until after she passed away. As a new mother you imagine what it's going to be like to hold your baby for the first time and to kiss her and snuggle her. I didn't even get to see her after she was born. She was rushed straight into the NICU and then transferred to Primary Children's Hospital where I got to see her the next day. Everything seemed to happen so fast but in slow motion all at the same time. I never let myself believe that we would actually ever have to say goodbye to her. When she passed away I felt so empty. My arms were empty and I needed my baby. It has been the most difficult thing we have had to endure but I am grateful for the knowledge of the gospel and knowing that we will get to have her again some day. Donovan was a true blessing in disguise. He was born the following year on her death date. He was the reason we were able to survive. Every year on her birthday we go visit the cemetery and take balloons and let the kids send off a balloon for each year that she would be turning. After that we take handmade blankets to Primary Children's and donate them to the NICU. We make a special tag for them in the memory of Maddisyn Maree Arnold and her dates. 12-22-04 to 12-29-04.To hear the video scroll down to my playlist and pause the music on the blog. I made this video for Scott one year for Christmas after his mom passed away.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't even begin to imagine what you've been through. I'm so grateful that we have the gospel to help us through situations like this. You guys are so strong, and how neat to celebrate her life and the memory of her each year! You will all treasure that throughout the years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy & Scott, I'm not really sure what to say. I think you two are amazing people & parents. I'm so thankful to know you. Every year in December I cry, I cry because you lost your baby girl. I know she is waiting for you & that you will be able to hold her & raise her, and that makes me smile. I hope you guys are doing well. I miss you both & wish we could have gotten together more while I was in Utah.Thank you for sharing this video & story.~Queli

    ReplyDelete