Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Donovan turns 5


It's amazing how time goes by so fast! It seems like yesterday that we just brought him home from the hospital. I have loved planning his parties every year and this year is the first year that he had a friend party and I think it has been the most fun so far! Boys parties are a bit harder to make really cute but this one turned out pretty good. But if you ever have to find a Batman birthday cake GOOD LUCK!!! We searched EVERYWHERE! And I wasn't about to pay $50+ for a cake, and I didn't have the time or energy to make my own. So the cake wasn't anything special, but he still loved it. The cupcakes on the other hand turned out pretty cute. Scott and I blew up 400 balloons and made a balloon pit in the basement. I MUST RECOMMEND THIS FOR ANY INDOORS KIDS PARTY!!! We hid treasure bags for each kid and they had to search through all the balloons to find them. I left the balloons down there for a while just so my kids could play in them. It was the greatest entertainment and lasted for days! I made "Batman" style carnival games and gave prizes. This turned out to be a super fun birthday. It's hard trying to plan a fun party 4 days after Christmas.




















No comments:

Post a Comment